Elemental Island
Welcome to Elemental Island! Please Log In or Register.
Elemental Island
Welcome to Elemental Island! Please Log In or Register.
Elemental Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elemental Island

Roleplay on a magical, mythical Island.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Gallery
 history of England  Empty
Latest topics
» Suicide Girls Uk Holiday Free Download
 history of England  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 3:08 pm by dorekirst

» Mavis Dracula Xxx
 history of England  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 4:45 am by dorekirst

» Trillian Astra Pro V4.2.0.20-TE
 history of England  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:12 pm by dorekirst

» ITunesSetup
 history of England  I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 9:16 am by dorekirst

» ITunesSetup
 history of England  I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 2:40 am by dorekirst

» Avira Antivir Professional 10.0.0.1012
 history of England  I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:47 am by dorekirst

» After Effects Plugins
 history of England  I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 8:02 am by dorekirst

» After Effects Plugins
 history of England  I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:39 pm by dorekirst

» Adobe. Photoshop CS5.9 Extended Edition
 history of England  I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 7:12 pm by dorekirst

Top posters
chickengold92 (294)
 history of England  I_vote_lcap history of England  I_voting_bar history of England  I_vote_rcap 
Lulkan (282)
 history of England  I_vote_lcap history of England  I_voting_bar history of England  I_vote_rcap 
kosovohp (162)
dorekirst (157)
Falcon (128)
Skylark (106)
Wyvern (57)
Aenys Valeryo (40)
lunamoonfang (39)
moonlight172 (37)
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 42 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:19 am

history of England

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chickengold92
Tribe Hero

PostSubject: history of England     history of England  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:45 pm

The history of England began with the arrival of humans thousands of years ago. What is now England, within the United Kingdom, was inhabited by Neanderthals 230,000 years ago. However, continuous human habitation dates to around 12,000 years ago, at the end of the last glacial period. The region has numerous remains from the Mesolithic, Neolithic, and Bronze Age, such as Stonehenge and Avebury. In the Iron Age, England, like all of Britain south of the Firth of Forth, was inhabited by the Celtic people known as the Britons, but also by some Belgae tribes (e.g. the Atrebates, the Catuvellauni and the Trinovantes). In AD 43 the Roman conquest of Britain began; the Romans maintained control of their province of Britannia through to the 5th century.

The Roman departure opened the door for the Anglo-Saxon invasion, which is often regarded as the origin of England and the English people. The Anglo-Saxons, a collection of various Germanic peoples, established several kingdoms that became the primary powers in what is now England and parts of southern Scotland.[1] They introduced the Old English language, which displaced the previous British language. The Anglo-Saxons warred with British successor states in Wales, Cornwall, and the Hen Ogledd (Old North; the Brythonic-speaking parts of northern England and southern Scotland), as well as with each other. Raids by the Vikings were frequent after about AD 800, and the Norsemen took control of large parts of what is now England. During this period several rulers attempted to unite the various Anglo-Saxon kingdoms, an effort that led to the emergence of the Kingdom of England by the 10th century.

travel Greece
P90X Extreme Home Fitness with Tony Horton 13 DVD Beachbody
Back to top Go down
lunamoonfang
Tribe Initate

PostSubject: Re: history of England     history of England  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 6:56 am

The Roman departure opened the door for the Anglo-Saxon invasion, which is often regarded as the origin of England and the English people. The Anglo-Saxons, a collection of various Germanic peoples, established several kingdoms that became the primary powers in what is now England and parts of southern Scotland.[1] They introduced the Old English language, which displaced the previous British language. The Anglo-Saxons warred with British successor states in Wales, Cornwall, and the Hen Ogledd (Old North; the Brythonic-speaking parts of northern England and southern Scotland), as well as with each other. Raids by the Vikings were frequent after about AD 800, and the Norsemen took control of large parts of what is now England. During this period several rulers attempted to unite the various Anglo-Saxon kingdoms, an effort that led to the emergence of the Kingdom of England by the 10th century.

graduation honor cords
charm bracelet charms
Back to top Go down

history of England
Page 1 of 1