Elemental Island
Welcome to Elemental Island! Please Log In or Register.
Elemental Island
Welcome to Elemental Island! Please Log In or Register.
Elemental Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elemental Island

Roleplay on a magical, mythical Island.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Gallery
Culture of Morocco Empty
Latest topics
» Suicide Girls Uk Holiday Free Download
Culture of Morocco I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 3:08 pm by dorekirst

» Mavis Dracula Xxx
Culture of Morocco I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 4:45 am by dorekirst

» Trillian Astra Pro V4.2.0.20-TE
Culture of Morocco I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:12 pm by dorekirst

» ITunesSetup
Culture of Morocco I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 9:16 am by dorekirst

» ITunesSetup
Culture of Morocco I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 2:40 am by dorekirst

» Avira Antivir Professional 10.0.0.1012
Culture of Morocco I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:47 am by dorekirst

» After Effects Plugins
Culture of Morocco I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 8:02 am by dorekirst

» After Effects Plugins
Culture of Morocco I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:39 pm by dorekirst

» Adobe. Photoshop CS5.9 Extended Edition
Culture of Morocco I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 7:12 pm by dorekirst

Top posters
chickengold92 (294)
Culture of Morocco I_vote_lcapCulture of Morocco I_voting_barCulture of Morocco I_vote_rcap 
Lulkan (282)
Culture of Morocco I_vote_lcapCulture of Morocco I_voting_barCulture of Morocco I_vote_rcap 
kosovohp (162)
dorekirst (157)
Falcon (128)
Skylark (106)
Wyvern (57)
Aenys Valeryo (40)
lunamoonfang (39)
moonlight172 (37)
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 42 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:19 am

Culture of Morocco

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kosovohp
Tribe Hero

Culture of Morocco Empty
PostSubject: Culture of Morocco   Culture of Morocco I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:08 pm

Morocco is an ethnically diverse country with a rich culture and civilization. Through Moroccan history, Morocco hosted many people coming from East (Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Jews and Arabs), South (Sub-Saharan Africans) and North (Romans, Vandals, Andalusians (including Moors and Jews). All those civilizations have had an impact on the social structure of Morocco. It conceived various forms of beliefs, from paganism, Judaism, and Christianity to Islam.

The production of Moroccan literature has continued to grow and diversify. To the traditional genres—poetry, essays, and historiography—have been added forms inspired by Middle Eastern and Western literary models. French is often used in publishing research in the social and natural sciences, and in the fields of literature and literary studies, works are published in both Arabic and French. Moroccan writers, such as Mohammed Choukri, Driss Chraïbi, Abdallah Laroui, Abdelfattah Kilito, and Fatima Mernissi, publish their works in both French and English. Expatriate writers such as Pierre Loti, William S. Burroughs, and Paul Bowles have drawn attention to Moroccan writers as well as to the country itself.

Since independence a veritable blossoming has taken place in painting and sculpture, popular music, amateur theatre, and filmmaking. The Moroccan National Theatre (founded 1956) offers regular productions of Moroccan and French dramatic works. Art and music festivals take place throughout the country during the summer months, among them the World Sacred Music Festival at Fès.

Moroccan music, influenced by Arab, Amazigh, African, and Andalusian traditions, makes use of a number of traditional instruments, such as the flute (nāy), shawm (ghaita), zither (qanūn), and various short necked lutes (including the ʿūd and gimbrī). These are often backed by explosive percussion on the darbūkka (terra-cotta drum). Among the most popular traditional Moroccan artists internationally are the Master Musicians of Jajouka, an all-male guild trained from childhood, and Hassan Hakmoun, a master of gnāwa trance music, a popular spiritual style that traces its roots to sub-Saharan Africa. Younger Moroccans enjoy raï, a style of plain-speaking Algerian music that incorporates traditional sounds with those of Western rock, Jamaican reggae, and Egyptian and Moroccan popular music.

entradas florencia
vintage cameo brooches
Back to top Go down

Culture of Morocco
Page 1 of 1